Do It Yourself - Granola

I didn't want to be left out of the fun.  After making my own yogurt (with a couple of humorous errors), I wanted to tell you about my granola creation experience, which perfectly complemented our recent begun quest to create homemade fruit and yogurt parfaits.

The only person in our house that loves granola more than me is my ten year old daughter.  She loves anything that seems special and out of the ordinary.  (She is quite a princess and deserves only the finest things, don't you know.)  I have also discovered foodily.com.  This website mines other cooking sites to bring together recipes that fit your criteria.  You can search by the recipe name or by the ingredients in a dish, and you can specify which ingredients to leave out, as well.  I typed in granola and Whammo! there are 25+ recipes for me to peruse.  I picked this one, and left out the raisins.  (There are no raisins in a Fruit 'n Yogurt Parfait.)

The results were delicious and it was so easy.  I want to try a few other granola recipes.  I'd like to get the pieces to clump together and crunch a bit more.  I'm not sure how to do that, yet.  I also want to try this recipe for citrus granola.  Mmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment